FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 12, 2020
Contact: Steven Nekhaila,
Chairman, Libertarian Party of Florida
KEY WEST, Fla. – The Libertarian Party of Florida extends congratulations to the candidates of state and local races who successfully qualified to be on election ballots this year.
“I am proud of all of our candidates for going through with the hard job of becoming qualified during times of Covid-19,” says LPF Chairman Steven Nekhaila. “It has not been easy, and even with the reduced signature gathering requirements, signature gathering remained a monumental task. There is no doubt that our candidates will out-hustle and out-smart our duopoly opponents. As the under dogs we are sure to shock!”
Qualifying by Friday’s noon deadline were:
- Ken Willey – Florida House 18, facing Republican and Democrat opponents
- Joseph “Joe” Hannoush – Florida House 25, facing Democrat and Republican opponents
- Davie Parrish – Columbia County Tax Collector, facing a Republican opponent
- Marcos Diego Marrero – Osceola County Commission District 3, facing a Democrat, a Republican and a Write-in
- Andre Klass – Seminole County Commission, taking on a Republican and a Democrat.
In No-Party Races, Libertarians are:
- Austin Lee Lanteigne – St Johns Airport Authority Group 4 faces five opponents.
- Dennis Misigoy – Enclave at Black Point Marina Community Development District
- Tony Busby – Osceola Soil and Water Conservation District Seat 2
The Primary Election is August 18 and the General Election is November 3.
– By J. Mark Barfield, Staff Writer